Chris and I were talking about how we had been on the adoptive parent list for 6 months and hadn't been contacted once. We didn't want to hound the agency, but we wanted to know how adoptions as a whole were going. We knew our timeline was in God's hands; however, since we had been put on the list, the staffing at the agency had changed a lot.
We started by meeting with a lady named Peggy, who visited our house and gave us all of the initial information. At that point, we were told that she would be conducting our home study. Peggy had to then have surgery and we were placed with Nikki. (Who we love!) After our home study was complete, we spoke with Joan to find out we made the list. Joan's boss was Jan. In March, Joan was replaced, and Jan was replaced. To top it all of, the agency moved their office. Needless to say, Chris and I were afraid we were lost in the back of the drawer, or in a black hole.
Chris and I decided we would start calling once a month to find out new information. I called first. I called Jan and asked some random question. She said that while I was on the phone she would check our file. She told us that our file was reviewed the previous week, and the reason we were not placed was that we lived in too close proximity to the birth parents. From there, the phone conversation was a blur. Here we thought that nothing was happening and we were reviewed. At that point, Jan asked me if we would like to be contacted when our file was being reviewed. I told her we did prefer to know that information. I got off the phone and feeling motivated once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment