Sunday, September 12, 2010

We Made The List!

Chris and I just signed off on our home study report. Now that everything is finalized, we will be put on the waiting list!

Here is How it Works
When a birth mother decides she wants to put her baby up for adoption, she will contact Catholic Charities.The agency will then meet with her and compile a list of things she is looking for in the adoptive parents. Then Catholic Charities will pull four groups of adoptive parents that match that description. The birth mother will pick one family and they will be contacted.This can happen anywhere from a few months into the pregnancy all the way up until the baby is delivered in the hospital.

What Does that Mean for Us?
We wait. We wait patiently. Chris and I are planners and we like to be prepared and know when things are happening. Since we may not have any idea until the baby is already born, we imagine this will be the hardest part of the process for us. We know that nothing about this process is our timing. We are ready to wait as long as it takes in order to get the baby we are meant to parent.

Meanwhile...
The baby's room is ready and waiting. We have all the things we need, minus a few. It is exciting to see everything come together. I have started on a project for the baby's room that I am very excited about. I will post pictures when it is completed. Chris has found a project to work on for the baby that is so Chris I know the baby will keep it forever, even if he/she grows out of it. Again, pictures will be posted when it is complete.

Please continue to pray for us and God's timing. Thanks for all your support!

Blessings,
Chris and Sara

3 comments:

  1. Sara, this is great news! Thanks for the update. I hope that it happens sooner than later, but I will pray that God blesses you two with an extra serving of patience in the meantime. This is so exciting. I know the waiting part will be hard but stay faithful because no matter what it will be worth it! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara and Chris,
    I know we have not been in the loop that much and I apologize for that. I will tell you this is a very exciting time for you all and God will definitely bless you guys. You both of been on your minds for the last 2 years and I can honestly say that we have been praying for you all even though you didn't know it and will continue to do so. You two are very special people. Praying for you.

    Erik and Jamie

    Feel free to drop a line if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, Chris and I appreciate all the support. I wish there was more to report out, but soon this site will turn into pictures galore.

    Cara,
    I love reading you blog. I don't know if our will ever be up to par with yours. Charlotte is so cute. I like watching the videos and listening to your southern draw. I miss it a lot!

    Erik,
    Call us anytime.

    Chris and Sara

    ReplyDelete